Every average movie, and some great, can be categorized. I categorize a movie by its purpose. The five purposes I chose to classify movies are:
Made for the Effects:
Examples- X-men, Ironman
Made to Create Good Feelings:
Examples- Hairspray, Lion King
Made to Give Hope to Romantics:
Examples- Music and Lyrics, 27 Dresses
Made for Laughs:
Examples- Wild Hogs, Cheaper by the Dozen
Made to Make People Think:
Examples- Inconvinient Truth, Precious
Judgement of a movie is, of course, a matter a preference and opinion. Some of these movies, like Music and Lyrics, I consider wonderful. Others I feel are just average. Despite the obvious place of personal preference in the judgement of movies, some movies are accepted, in general, as being monumental. The trait that causes such acclaim has to do with where it is categorized, in a way. Truly fantastic movies cannot be classified by one purpose. An example of a universally loved movie is Shrek. The animated movie used the lastest and greatest animation had to offer, employed some of the best actors in comedy, and followed a simple, yet meaningful, plotline about love and judging people for who they are, not what they look like. By these merits, it fits in every category. This trait creates great movies. They have something for everyone and cannot be categorized by stereotypes of any kind.
No comments:
Post a Comment