Culminating Writers Profile:
1) Since I started AP Language I have come to expect my essays to go through many phases before the final copy. I've been trying to get more in the habit of outlining and preplanning to better structure my essays.
2) My strengths lie in the creative parts of forming an essay and in tying things up well. I'm learning to reinforce these by strengthening body paragraphs.
3) My weakness is getting off track when dealing with a confusing prompt. I'm trying to get in the habit of really clarifing what I'm being asked by the prompt before I start writing.
Evaluating My Writing Process:
1) If I had time to write another draft I would be more sure to show my views that are different from the already accepted views more prominently.
2) The easiest things to change were simple things like sentence structure and wording.
3) I struggled to work my example story into the main essay better.
Evaluating My Sucesses:
1) My most successful large scale revision was restructuring my essay to make my point and purpose flow better.
2) According to those who reviewed my essay, my strongest use of language was in the concluding paragraph where I listed the decending nouns relating to overachieving.
3) I'm not sure on this one, maybe when I gave the specific stories of students...
Being Honest With Self:
1) I was intimidated by selecting a topic because I was afraid I'd pick a cliche one. I combated this fear by selecting something I'm used to talking about that I've developed unique ideas about over the years.
2) The texts we used in preparation for this essay, like those about connotation, helped me understand what I was supposed to accomplish.
3) Through other students I was able to become comfortable using myself as an example. (I always thought that was the worst thing you could do in an essay.)
4) Soiyer helped me word my introduction better.
5) This essay developed me into a better writer because it indroduced me to a new genre I can now use to express different ideas I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment